This bright and refreshing concoction harkens to the sunny shores of southern California. A basil and ginger orange juice infusion blends beautifully with the Peachy Keen tea. To really bring out the best of this drink, make sure to use a cocktail shaker for some creamy froth on top! Guaranteed to be crowd-pleaser, this summer-time "mock-tail" will bring the beach to you (that is, if you can't take it to the beach).
(Recipe makes about 2/3 gallon.)
- 1/2 Gal. Iced Peachy Keen Tea (made with 1/2 cup loose leaf tea)
- 16 oz Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1.5 oz Fresh Ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- To make iced Peachy Keen: Add boiling water + 3 oz cool water to bring to 1 quart (this gets the temp to 190° F). Steep the Peachy Keen tea for 8 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, combine orange juice, basil leaves, and ginger in a cocktail shaker. Muddle with a fork to break down the basil a bit, then shake vigorously for 2 minutes. Strain to remove ginger and basil.
- When tea is finished steeping, strain and stir in the sugar.
- Add ice water to the tea to bring to 2 quarts (stir to dissolve the ice).
- Combine the tea and orange juice infusion.
- MOCKTAIL: For a 12 oz glass, pour 9 oz of tea mixture into a cocktail shaker, add 1 basil leaf (slapped) and shake vigorously for 20 sec. Pour over ice and garnish with a fresh basil leaf and/or orange slice.
- PITCHER: Add basil leaves/orange slices to the pitcher to garnish. Enjoy!