If you're in need of a deliciously un-caffeinated summer drink, this tropical treat is for you! The mango perfectly compliments the chamomile of the CPR, while the lime adds just the right amount of tartness. The fresh basil then tops it off, blending just right with the mango nectar. You can really taste and enjoy how each ingredient compliments the others. Or, you can just sit back, take a drink, and relax beneath some sunshine!
(Recipe makes about 2/3 gallon.)
- 21 oz Mango Nectar
- 1/4 Cup CPR loose leaf tea
- 3.5 Tbsp Sugar
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Lime (sliced half-moons) or Lime Juice
- Steep the CPR tea for 12 minutes in 1 quart boiled water.
- When tea is finished steeping, strain and stir in the sugar.
- Add ice to the tea to bring to 2 quarts (stir to dissolve the ice more quickly).
- Add mango nectar to the tea.
- For a 16 oz glass, pour 12 oz tea mixture into a cocktail shaker with 2 slapped basil leaves and 2 lime slices (or 1/2 tsp of lime juice) and shake vigorously for 20 sec.
- Pour over ice and garnish with a fresh basil leaf and/or lime.