Vanilla Green Tea Latte
Matcha watch-ya back! This iced green tea latte with vanilla is easy to love and difficult to put down. Our Green Tea that serves as the foundation for this drink is a Chinese green tea, which has all the health benefits of Japanese green tea, but is mellower and brighter in character. While this drink is great with just the green tea and milk, the vanilla beautifully compliments the green tea, making this drink just that much more indulgent!
(Recipe makes a 1/2 gallon.)
- Rounded 1/2 Cup loose-leaf Green Tea
- 1 Quart Milk (or milk substitute)
- Rounded 1/4 Cup Sugar (or 1/2 cup if not using vanilla)
- 2.5 oz Vanilla Syrup (optional)
- Add 1.5 oz cool water to 16 oz boiling water (this helps bring the temperature to about 185° F).
- Steep the Green Tea for 5 minutes.
- When finished steeping, strain, then stir in the sugar.
- Add ice and water to bring up to 1 quart (stir to dissolve the ice more quickly).
- Combine green tea and milk. If desired, stir in vanilla syrup.
- To serve, pour over ice (or first shake in a cocktail shaker for 20 seconds--adds a nice froth!)