They say you shouldn't pick favorites with your kids, and we generally feel that way about our teas and recipes... but then there's the Chai Blossom. We cannot express just how much we love this drink! While our famed Original Black Chai provides a delicious blend of spices at the heart of the drink, the coconut milk and orange blossom water add something utterly intriguing and exotic. Both creamy and refreshing, tropical and floral, this drink is simply magical.
(Recipe makes 1/2 gallon.)
- Rounded 1/2 Cup loose-leaf Chad's Original Black Chai or Red Chai
- 20 oz (2.5 cups) unsweetened Almond Milk
- 12 oz (1.5 cups) unsweetened Coconut Milk (canned)
- 2 tsp Orange Blossom Water
- Rounded 1/2 cup Sugar
- Ground Cardamom
- Steep chai in 16 oz of boiled water (205° F) for 25 min.
- While the tea is steeping, whisk or shake the coconut milk to remove any clumps.
- Combine almond milk, coconut milk, and orange blossom water.
- When chai is finished steeping, strain and stir in the sugar.
- Add ice and water to hot chai to bring up to 32 oz (stir to dissolve the ice more quickly).
- To serve, combine equal amounts chai and milk blend over ice and garnish with ground cardamom or smashed cardamom pods.