This "mock-tail" is so good it gives the real thing a run for its money! Our Moroccan Mojito is bright, crisp, and refreshing, with just the right amount of tartness to compliment the sweet mint. The fresher your ingredients here, the better the drink! And don't forget to give those mint leaves a good slap between your palms - it helps break the leaf's capillaries and allows its flavors to more easily release in the drink. This mojito is great on its own or paired with your favorite hispanic dish.
(Recipe makes a little over a 1/2 gallon.)
- 1/2 gal. Green Peace Iced Tea (made with 1/3 Cup loose tea)
- 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 Rounded Cup Fresh Mint
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Lime, sliced for garnish
- To make Iced Green Peace: Add boiling water + 3 oz cool water to bring to 1 quart (this gets the temp to 190° F).
- Steep loose Green Peace for 5 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, combine lime juice, mint leaf, and water in a cocktail shaker. Muddle the leaves with a fork until soft, then shake vigorously for 2 min. Strain (yields about 3 Tbsp).
- When tea is finished steeping, strain and stir in the sugar. Add ice water to bring to 2 quarts (stir to dissolve the ice).
- Stir mint/lime infusion into tea.
- MOCKTAIL: To make a 12 oz glass, add ice, 9 oz of tea, and 2 slapped mint leaves into a cocktail shaker, and shake vigorously for 20 sec. Pour over ice and garnish with slice of lime and/or mint leaf.
- PITCHER: Add mint leaves and lime slices and enjoy!